When: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date and location before dropping off. Where: email email@example.com for drop off location information Contact: Access Books Bay Area Book Donations Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Phone: (650) 485-3366 Open Volunteer Spots: Unlimited
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ADULT BOOKS OR BOOKS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD.
We accept the following types of book donations:
- Used Books – You can give a new life to the books you don’t need anymore!
- Please only recent/high quality, elementary school books.
- Please no workbooks, or books that are worn or have been marked in.
- No adult books or young adult books.
- We’d rather have fewer, higher quality books than a larger number that includes low interest/old books.
- We generally have more need for books for younger readers, grades K-2.
- Graphic novels are very popular. Bilingual books in Spanish are welcome.
Examples of popular titles: Dog Man (and other Dav Pilkey), Elephant & Piggie (and other Mo Willems), Geronimo Stilton, Fly Guy, Dork Diaries, Pete the Cat, Splat the Cat, I Survived, Babymouse, Hilo, Narwhal, Dragonbreath, and more
- New Books – of course we love receiving new books! You can purchase books in the following ways:
- Our Books4School wishlist – this is a small family-owned bookseller with a similar mission to ours, where you can purchase very low cost new books.
- Our Amazon Wishlist: https://tinyurl.com/abbawish (Please note that this wishlist generally shows the hardcover version of book titles, which we prefer for library use. Choose the paperback version – paperbacks are great for book drives, cheaper and the books will go to our little lending libraries!)
- Another option is to make your own shorter wishlist, of books your child likes, and share that for people to browse/buy from
- Donors can purchase books locally at Linden Tree or Books Inc.